- Ninety-five percent of drivers would most likely benefit from a re-edification around basic rules of the road.
- Cows out to pasture appear to have a care-free existance, albeit short-lived.
- I'm in favor of a national policy mandating cleanliness in public restrooms -- or at least the option of functional soap dispensers.
- Highway 16, Nashville and X Country are the most compelling satellite radio options.
- If the car ahead of you is speeding, it's OK for you to do the same.
- Mud slides are unpredictable.
- However, the DOT frequently over-estimates road-clearing-times.
- Which is good news.
- Snow-capped mountains and year-round Christmas trees are addictively appealing.
- RV drivers are pretty gutsy.
- Eddie Rabbit rules.
- Relaxing weekend road trip essentials: glasses, cork screw, luxurious wine, iPod.
- Relaxing weekend road trip non-essential: 118 steps to the front door.
- Silver lining: super-quiet snooze time & breath-taking mornings.
Monday, April 10, 2006
Sometimes You're the Windshield ...
and sometimes you're the bug, and other observations from driving to South Lake Tahoe -- and back.