Despite the ups and down and almost-coffee-spills, the keys to focused traveling are, clearly, words and songs. Books and music. Stories and tunes.
And if you're ever en route from DC to Seattle, the following will block out *almost* everything that's happening outside your teensy, tiny window.
- "Under and Alone" by William Queen
- "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson
- "Rebels" -- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- "Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart" -- Whiskeytown
- "Here Comes Your Man" -- Pixies
- "Going Back to Louisiana" -- Kim Carson
- "Built to Last" -- Grateful Dead